Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and authentic assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
Throughout our community of Sydney Catholic schools, we have shown high performance of our students in measures such as NAPLAN and the HSC.
Our school sees students’ academic excellence acknowledged through inclusions on the HSC High Achiever and All-Rounder Achievers lists.
Many of our students have been nominated or chosen for HSC showcases including:
- ENCORE for Music
- SHAPE for Design and Technology
- On Stage for Drama
- ArtExpress for Visual Arts.
Our students have also achieved places in subjects and courses in the state and within the archdiocese. Our students also have placed in various academic competitions including the Da Vinci Decathlon and the Investigating Mathematics competition.
Our students are highly competitive across 22 sports in various inter-school competitions.
Our teams take championship and podium places in state and national competitions e.g. Acapella Choir and robotics.
2021 HSC Results
Here’s a recap of all our 2021 HSC highlights:
- 19% – percentage of band 6 results (compared to 13.2% in 2020)
- 2 Top Achievers – number of students who achieved one of the highest places in an HSC course or VET examination and also achieved a result in the highest band
- 6 All Rounders – number of students scoring above 90 in at least 10 units
- 156 Distinguished Achievers – Distinguished Achievers lists the students who achieved a result in the highest band (Band 6 or Band E4) for one or more courses, not including results for courses studied external to their school